UPDATES JAN 2022
SHARE will be closed on Saturday, January 15 for Martin Luther King Day Holiday.
The SHARE Food Pantry requires all volunteers and clients, including children, to wear face masks indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
Please limit clothing donations to children’s seasonal clothes only. We are coping with the COVID spike and cannot process more than that at this time. Thanks for helping us out.”
DONORS--HOW TO HELP
Gift cards for clients can now be purchased at McLean Giant. Giant or Target cards are available. Share also accepts Walmart cards bought at other locations.
Many people want to help those in need by donating food. Here are some options:
1. Donors can donate money online by credit card, PayPal or by mailing a check. Share volunteers will purchase what is most needed and available. Click here to go to DONATE page.
2. Grocery Gift Cards can be left at the McLean Giant front desk for pick up by Share.
3. Purchase Share's most needed items at this website: https://www.myregistry.com/organization/share-of-mclean-mclean-va/2380279
Deliveries are sent directly to a safe location where they are loaded into a Share food truck.
3. Food items can be dropped in the outdoor sheds at the McLean Baptist Church. Our volunteers are not continuously present at the Mclean Baptist Church to accept deliveries for Share but they do empty the sheds daily. For large donations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a drop off time. Click here for a list of Share's Most Needed Items.
4. The Redeemer Lutheran Church located at 1545 Chain Bridge Dr, McLean, Va., accepts donations of non-perishable food and personal hygiene items only Monday-Friday 9am-3pm. Come to the office and ring the doorbell. (The office is on the Westmoreland side of the church, not the front doors and not the playground side). Please only bring items if you are in good health. They cannot accept clothing, toys or household items.
Thank you for supporting Share!
DO YOU NEED HELP?
Share provides assistance to neighbors within the zip codes of 22101, 22102, 22066, and the Pimmit Hills section of 22043.
If you need assistance with food, clothing, linens, furniture or emergency funding, you may
Contact Share directly at (703) 229-1414
Outside our zip codes? Contact Fairfax County Coordinated Services at (703) 222-0880