FOOD AND CLOTHING ROOMS
SPECIAL NOTICE DUE TO CORONAVIRUS CONCERNS
SHOPPERS: No inside Pantry Shopping. Grab and Go Boxes are offered in the Parking Lot.
Boxes have basic canned items, pasta, rice, beans, bread, soap and paper goods if available.
Hours are 9:30 to 12:00 on Wednesday and Saturday. Please bring ID showing residency in 22101, 22102, 22066, and portions of 22043. Senior Tuesday openings on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month are suspended until further notice.
TRAFFIC PATTERN: Cars ENTER from Calder Rd. Cars EXIT to Chain Bridge.
PLEASE STAY IN YOUR CARS UNTIL DIRECTED BY VOLUNTEERS
COMPRADORES: No dentro de Pantry Shopping. Se ofrecen cajas para llevar en el estacionamiento. Las cajas tienen artículos enlatados básicos, pasta, arroz, frijoles, pan, jabón y productos de papel, si están disponibles.
El horario es de 9:30 a 12:00 los miércoles y sábados. Traiga una identificación que muestre su residencia en 22101, 22102, 22066 y partes de 22043.
PATRÓN DE TRÁFICO: los automóviles entran desde Calder Rd. Los autos SALEN al Puente de las Cadenas. POR FAVOR MANTÉNGASE EN SUS COCHES HASTA QUE LOS VOLUNTARIOS LO DIRIGAN
DONORS--HOW TO HELP
Many people want to help those in need by donating food. Here are some options:
1. Donors can donate money online by credit card, PayPal or by mailing a check. Share volunteers will purchase what is most needed and available. Click here to go to DONATE page.
2. Grocery Gift Cards can be left at the McLean Giant front desk for pick up by Share.
3. Purchase Share's most needed items at this website: https://www.myregistry.com/organization/share-of-mclean-mclean-va/2380279
Deliveres are sent directly to a safe location where they are loaded into a Share food truck.
3. Food items can be dropped in the outdoor sheds at the McLean Baptist Church. Our volunteers are not continuously present at the Mclean Baptist Church to accept deliveries for Share but they do empty the sheds daily. Please nothing else. No clothing. No shoes. No Household items. For large donations, contact to arrange a drop off time.
4. The Redeemer Lutheran Church located at 1545 Chain Bridge Dr, McLean, Va., accepts donations Monday-Friday 9am-3pm. Come to the office and ring the doorbell. (The office is on the Westmoreland side of the church, not the front doors and not the playground side). Please only bring items if you are in good health.
List of Share's most needed pantry items:
Thank you for supporting Share!
Clothing Room--Coronavirus Update:
The closing room is closed until further notice. Share is not distributing or accepting clothing donations at this time.
Please do not drop non-food items in the outdoor food sheds--No clothing, no shoes and nohousedhold items.
All food and clothing we distribute to our neighbors in need comes from donations by the community.
Donations can be dropped off with a Share volunteer on Wednesday and Saturdays from 9:30AM - 12 noon. Donations can also be placed in the outside storage bin located next to the side entrance of McLean Baptist Church at any time.
During the summer months, food supply is particularly low due to fewer food drives being held by volunteers. Also our families need more food in the summer as their kids are not receiving free breakfasts and lunches as they do while at school.
Shoppers may visit the pantry twice per month. Each shopper selects food items based on their personal preference and up to the posted limits.
Some items in short supply, such as laundry detergent and canola oil, are limited to ensure that everyone gets an equal chance at those products.
Items that are in demand include:
Spring/Summer Clothing – (April 1st to September 30th): pants, blouses, polo shirts, men’s t-shirts, dresses, skirts, shorts, active wear.
Fall/Winter Clothing – (October 1st to March 31st) Winter coats, gloves, hats, sweaters, polar fleeces, sweatshirts, boots, scarves.
New adult and children’s t-shirts, underwear, pajamas, active wear
Infant wear, trendy but appropriate pre-teen and teen clothing
Men’s pants, shirts and shoes
Men’s and Women’s clothing in XL, XXL, Plus sizes, etc.
The Share Clothing and Linen Room is co-located with the Share food pantry in the McLean Baptist Church. Share accepts donations of seasonal clothing, shoes and household linens and provides them free of charge to Share neighbors.
Clothing donations are sorted by volunteers by size and gender and shoppers are allowed to take what they need.
We ask that you only donate clothes in-season (i.e. shorts in the summer, coats in the winter) as we do not have much storage space in the clothing room.
We need volunteers to help manage the clothing rooms every Wednesday and Saturday. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete a volunteer interest form.
One of the most effective ways to collect needed clothing and linens for Share is to hold a drive at your school, business, community or religious organization. Middle and High School students can receive community service hour credits for organizing a drive.
Share accepts donations of bed linens, towels, blankets, bedspreads, and comforters that are new or gently used, clean and reusable.
Linens should be bagged and marked with bed size.