Step 1: Visit the food pantry office during our regular hours. See our About Us Page for our hours and dates we are closed.
Step 2: Bring with you: a piece of recent official mail with your current address, a photo ID, and proof of financial need (such as SNAP, TANF, paystubs, low-income housing, etc.).
Step 3: If approved, you may begin shopping at the pantry that day.
Step 4: Sign-up to be a member of the online Share page through the yellow banner at the top of this page for access to online forms, announcements, and email notifications.
RESOURCES OUTSIDE OF SHARE
Fairfax County Coordinated Services Planning is the main source of information on resources available to residents of the county. Tel: 703-222-0880
Share Pantry &
Clothing Room Policies
Due to COVID, clients and family members must wear masks inside Share.
1) Shoppers are permitted to shop with us two times a month. Clients must provide recent photo ID with a current address each time they visit the pantry. Each shopper must have his/her own number. If you are shopping for a friend or relative who is a separate client, please ask for 2 numbers. The other person’s ID is required to shop for them
2) Due to limited supplies, cooking oil and detergent may only be collected once a month, diapers twice a month. Please notice our new signs on the food pantry shelves. Please limit yourselves to no more the assigned limit.
3) Shoppers must bring their own bags for groceries and clothes. Do not rely on Share to provide bags. Please don’t overfill your shopping bags. Many of our volunteers are senior citizens and can’t carry heavy bags. We would rather you take 4 bags that are lightly filled than 2 super heavy bags.
4) Only YOU may hold your spot in line. You may not use your shopping bags, your friend or relative, or anything else to save your spot in line. No exceptions!
5) Please DO NOT leave food, clothing, or any other items or bags in the hallway! Take your items to your car before shopping for clothing. Share cannot be responsible for stolen items.
We look forward to serving you at Share! Please let us know if you have any questions.