How do I get involved?
- Read the Volunteer Job Descriptions
- Read the Hold Harmless Agreements
- Fill out and submit the Volunteer Profile
Once we receive your Profile, one of our coordinators will get in contact with you.
Area high school students collect
food at the Mclean Giant on
Chain Bridge Road.
SHARE especially needs Spanish speakers of all abilities to help provide the best support for our clients. Opportunities are available for high-school students and adults and can be tailored to suit a wide range of skills and time commitments–including joining us for a single event or working from home. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
|Share depends on volunteers who currently donate over 1000 hours of service per month. Volunteers serve in roles that range from medical transportation to furniture delivery to family assistance coordination and many other important jobs. We welcome anyone- whether you can devote time every week or only join us for certain events and activities. Share provides opportunities for high school students to fulfill their community service requirements and welcomes service groups from local civic organizations and houses of worship.
Current Volunteer Needs
If you’re interested in volunteering, please fill out the volunteer profile, and one of our coordinators will be in touch with you shortly.
- Family Assistance Coordinator – Be the contact person for clients and social workers to arrange for Share to provide emergency financial assistance, to pay for rent, utilities, and other expenses. Work from home or office for 1 week every 8 weeks. We urgently need more family assistance coordinators to help with this critical activity for which training is provided.
- Furniture Delivery – Pick up and deliver furniture donations to needy families in Share’s truck on Saturday mornings. Moving crews work one shift every four or five weeks. Teen and adult movers must be in reasonable physical condition. Furniture Coordinators are also needed to schedule movers and deliveries.
- Share Gardeners – Plant, tend and harvest our vegetable gardens at Lewinsville Park or local area churches or donate produce from your local garden. Produce will be collected Tuesday nights in Lewinsville Park or you can drop off produce at the Share food room each Wednesday and Saturday from 9:30am to noon
- Food/Linens/Toiletries Drive Sponsor – Conduct a food or linen drive at a church, business, or school. We will show you how. Follow the link to Hold a Food Drive.
- Clothing Room Assistant – Help assist clients, sort through donations, and arrange items on shelves. Only a few regular teen or adult volunteers can be accommodated each Wednesday and Saturday from 9:30am to noon.