Area high school students collect food at the McLean Giant on Chain Bridge Road.
Current Volunteer Needs
- Family Assistance Coordinator – Be the contact person for clients and social workers to arrange for Share to provide emergency financial assistance, to pay for rent, utilities, and other expenses. Work from home or office for 1 week every 8 weeks. We urgently need more family assistance coordinators to help with this critical activity for which training is provided.
- Furniture Delivery – Pick up and deliver furniture donations to needy families in Share’s trucks on Saturday mornings. Moving crews generally work one shift every month. Teen and adult movers must be in reasonable physical condition. Furniture Coordinators are also needed to schedule movers and deliveries.
- Share Gardeners – Donate produce from your local garden. Produce will be collected at the Share Food Pantry each Wednesday and Saturday from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Food/Linens/Toiletries Drive Sponsor – Conduct a food or linen drive at a church, business, or school. We will show you how. Please follow the link to Hold a Food Drive.
- Clothing Room Assistant – Help assist clients, sort through donations, and arrange items on shelves.
- Read the Volunteer Job Descriptions
- Print and fill out the Hold Harmless Agreements
- Fill out and submit the Volunteer Profile
If you’re interested in volunteering, please fill out the volunteer profile, and one of our coordinators will be in touch with you shortly!
Share especially needs Spanish speakers of all abilities to help provide the best support for our clients. Opportunities are available for high-school students and adults and can be tailored to suit a wide range of skills and time commitments–including joining us for a single event or working from home. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
How do I get involved?
Furniture Program Volunteer
Food Room Volunteer
Clothing Room Volunteer
Family Assistance Coordinator
Once we receive your volunteer profile, one of our coordinators will get in contact with you.